IGNORED

Finally found a 69 240z, #51 Time to finish a 30 year multiple owner restoration.

7 hours ago, Namerow said:

Parts Manual shows that the PN changed as of Aug-1973.  I wonder if this production date also marked the introduction of factory-installed air conditioning (as opposed to dealer-installed)?  If hat was the case, the extra opening might have been added to provide a dedicated pass-through for AC-related lines and hoses.

Factory-fitted air conditioning was available from the beginning of production in the Japanese market.

The core support panel was shared between Domestic and Export markets, hence the mounting holes for the S20-specific air cleaner box and radiator overflow bottle being present on Export cars.

• Like 3

Important prone to rust areas look very nice on drivers side, left hand side.   Hammer and chiseled the thick coat of undercoating off these areas to confirm what lurked beneath the tar……  I know I have brought a few cars home with similar undercoating, that had possibly been applied to conceal the evil rust monster…5DA8ADA3-F019-459B-A404-283A869136E3.jpegF3E40531-7AA8-423B-B7FA-2EF50E66E220.jpeg210AA8E3-4754-4AC2-BDDE-6A6DD3BA385F.jpegC6275BDA-891C-4B07-82F1-F2E63F48971C.jpeg
   Have mounted on rotessiere, waiting to have time to prime within a couple of days of blasting.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Patcon said:

The front frame rails look really good!

Be careful blasting, the metal is thin and easily oil canned

Not familiar with "Oil canned"?   

48 minutes ago, Patcon said:

If the metal gets too hot or overworked, it expands and becomes wavy. Basically ruined

Although I've only used the dustless blaster on a few cars, really haven't had that problem yet.  the water is advertised to cut down on warpage due to heat.....I guess with aggressive media, metal could be moved around somewhat with a somewhat similar result....

20 minutes ago, dspillman said:

Although I've only used the dustless blaster on a few cars, really haven't had that problem yet.  the water is advertised to cut down on warpage due to heat.....I guess with aggressive media, metal could be moved around somewhat with a somewhat similar result....

If you've done other cars with sheet metal this thin you should be fine. If you been doing American vintage cars, they are a lot thicker

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Are you using a system like this?

https://www.dustlessblasting.com/the-advantage

Yes.

I had a quote for cleaning my back porch, and 360’ of railing around the edges, and saw my chance to argue for the unit , in the name of buyingbthe machine for half the cost of the quote….. still haven't finished in the backyard yet, but is is convenient for ‘occasional body panel, car etc……

• Haha 1