Z plans for the 4th weekend? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Z plans for the 4th weekend?

Featured Replies

Anyone have grand Z plans for the long weekend? I do. I figure, if I can get 8 hours total between now and Monday morning, I can strip the undercoating and re-install both front fenders and then prime the entire car. That is my goal. Any extra will be spent dropping the diffy and susp off this POS 73 in my garage so I can GET IT OUT OF HERE AND GET MY WIFE OFF MY CASE!!!!! (Keith, you are so lucky)

Anyone else have Z plans?

steve77

Been preparing the passenger side floorpan for POR (inside and outside) Stripped paint off last week, Marine-Cleaned and Metal-Ready applied today. Friday, 2 coats of POR15 inside and out. Saturday, apply ChassisCoat Black inside and out. Sunday, rest and get ready to assemble rebuilt L24 engine.

bambi i just put this motor together and should be runnin by next week, we should ride our Z's when there both done.

Z_0067.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Well, I managed to get both fenders on and primed and the undercoating removed from the wells, the hood installed and primed, both doors installed and primed, the interior primed, and began puttying a little here and there. Rolled it out in the sunsine and let it BAKE all day long. This is starting off as a very productive weekend!!! At this rate I will be driving it by...um.... well.........Christmas?

steev77

I tuned a Roadster club member's 70 1600 to perfection. Does roadster work count as "Z Plans"?

Wait, I know! My Z needs a wash! That'll do it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.