IGNORED

Engine Mount Bolt Question

texasz

For the bolts that mount the brackets on the sides of the engine to the motor mounts, do the bolts go in from the top or the bottom?  A picture or two would be wonderful please.  My son and I are planning on putting the engine and tranny back in the car tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

It 

11 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

You're welcome, good luck on the install.

It went really well, easier than expected.  I've pulled 4 or so engines over the years, never put one in so this was the first.  All said it was under 3 hours to get it in and all fasteners cinched down.  We spend the rest of the day working on some of the smaller things like the front bumper, fan, drive shaft, etc.  Here are a few pictures.

Now I have to find the 3 alternator bolts somewhere, the 3 that thread into the alternator itself.  I thought I had bought a set, alas it was the ones to attach the mounting brackets only.

20231217_094947.jpg

20231217_114938.jpg

20231217_195057.jpg

• Like 4