Original carpet --- and Chester and Herrod - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Original carpet --- and Chester and Herrod

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

I used the bottled Rit black dye, one bottle for each 27 gallon plastic tub. I filled each tub about half-way full with the garden hose and then added the dye. Put the hatch carpet section in one tub and the front/rear seat sections in the other tub. Mixed it a bit with a big stick. Let it sit over night. Turned the sections over about half-way through just to make sure the dying was even. Rinsed the carpet the next day with the hose and set them out in the sun to dry. Make sure they are completely dry before reinstalling them. In bright outdoor light, some areas tend to have a purplish sheen, similar to a bad hair-dye job. The sheen is not too noticeable when the carpet is installed in the car. In retrospect, probably should have used two bottles of dye for each tub. A carpet set from Black Dragon Auto was previously installed in the car, but I was never happy with the fit. I've since noticed that a lot of these new carpet kits don't have the slots and fittings to hold the carpet in place like they should. Glad I saved the originals.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Getting closer to the point where I will need carpets to finish the car.  I find the carpets in the Green BAT car to be different than the common loop that is available:

image.png

I think that looks like the carpet that I got off of eBay a while back:

IMG_20231029_233116.jpg

IMG_20231029_233334.jpg

This is what is commonly available:

image.png


The hatch floor piece I got off of eBay looks to be original.  I examined it closely, and it is loop.  However, the loops appear to be more densely situated and the pattern looks to be more uniform than what I see commonly available.  

This looks a bit more uniform, but still looks different.

image.png

 

This looks closer.  It can be easier to see the pattern when looking at lighter colors:

image.png


Anyway, I am pretty certain I have found all the available options.  I hope I can get some samples of what I found to see it in person.


 

 

 

 

  • Author

I see that this was a hot topic back in 2008:

 

  • 2 years later...

All,

We know that Chester and Herrod manufactured the carpet kits for the early production S30s that were delivered to the United States.

I recall reading that the carpet kits were placed in the back of the S30 and the delivering dealer was responsible for install installation?

Does anyone have documentation on what parties installed the carpet kits and if Nissan provided instructions on the installation process?

Keith

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.