IGNORED

Vapor Tank Question

chaseincats

2 hours ago, HusseinHolland said:

Looking a little further online for GM 80's versions - there is this brand new old stock one which certainly could be adapted. It has 2 diaphragms instead of one

eBay listing

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 7.55.23 AM.png

Whoa!  You’d adapt it by just capping off the other diaphragm right?

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I took the entire vapor system apart and pressure tested each hose and the vapor tank by blowing into one inlet and capping the others with my hands; didn't taste great.

The result was finding all of the hoses and the tank hold air perfectly.  I put everything back together and when blowing from the front could still smell gas in the back.  I threw caution to the wind and cranked the belt clamps down to within an inch of their life and problem solved - no fumes.

Crank those clamps down boys and girls - case closed

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 9:58 AM, chaseincats said:

Whoa!  You’d adapt it by just capping off the other diaphragm right?

apologies - I didn't see the question - yes, that is what I would do there. EDIT - actually I think you would add a vacuum line. The ports are listed PCV - Carb - Tank, so I think all three would be used. I'd look at a  GM schematic for the model it's intended for.

When you say belt clamps, you mean the hose clamps?

Edited by HusseinHolland

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, HusseinHolland said:

apologies - I didn't see the question - yes, that is what I would do there.

When you say belt clamps, you mean the hose clamps?

Yeah, the hose clamps.  I changed the original clamps to a more modern style gates/belt clamp because you can get more clampage out of them

Edited by chaseincats

2 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

Yeah, the hose clamps.  I changed the original clamps to a more modern style gates/belt clamp because you can get more clampage out of them

OK - I typically replace line clamps with Oetiker clamps for anything that doesn't require routine service.