The closer I get to completion on my 73 total restorations the more nuisance problem I encounter.  This time it's brakes.  Spent the last few hours reviewing related post and picked up a few tips but not my exact problem. I Replaced all hard lines and hoses, reused the master cylinder, proportioning valve, master vac, and brake warning switch.  Assembled everything and blead the brakes. I had flow at each wheel bleeder. However, after bleeding I pumped the brakes a few times and they became hydraulicly locked (solid pedal).  I figured the return port on the MC may have become plugged.  Rather than fool around with it, I just ordered a new one.  Problem solved.  Rebled the  system, flow at all wheels. But pedal doesn't feel right and the brake warning light is illuminated. So back to the drawing board. Before I tear into the proportion valve and warning switch, I want to do the easy things first.  Adjust pedal rods, and rebleed the whole system. Currently pedal height is about 7-3/4 , I know its supposed to be 8.11" .  May need to go a little more since there is no carpet is in the car yet. I also want to check the length of the of the push rod that goes between the master vac and the master cylinder.  According to the FSM this rod should be adjusted so the end protrudes 3.5-4mm (.130-.150")from the front flange on the master vac to the end of the push rod. This seems very small to me.  Does this seem correct?  After I make these few changes if it still feels incorrect, I guess I'll have to tear into the warning switch and proportion valve (which will be a real PIA).  Any help greatly appreciated...Thanks