Best Botches, Bodges and Balls-Ups. - Page 2 - Classic ZX - 2nd to 4th Generation - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Best Botches, Bodges and Balls-Ups.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Brushwork. Cutting in. Never as easy as you think...

LH Cowl Drain-1.jpg

  • Author

Hmmm. That's an open R180 where a 4.44:1 2-pinion LSD R192 should be.

Better make sure that's mentioned when it comes up for sale, otherwise your description that the car "...showcases originality and authenticity..." might not turn out to be as accurate as a buyer would hope. 

Open R180.jpg

  • 2 months later...

I was looking for this thread.  When I pulled the carpet to look at my floors, I found some evidence of rust.  On the driver side, on the exterior underside, one of the PO's screwed a square piece of aluminum into the underside of the floor pan to cover up a rust hole.  On the passenger side, presumably that same PO filled the rust gaps (where the floor pan had separated from the rail) with a mix of tar mat, bondo, rubber, and wait for it.....  cut up and flattened Maxwell House Coffee cans.  SMH.  I'm scared to dig deeper to see what else I am going to find.  I think I will just replace the floors and rails instead.

20231022_141348.jpg

What it looked like before I started digging and realized something was amiss:

20231013_192052.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.