IGNORED

Showtime

w3wilkes

11 hours ago, cgsheen1 said:

Ah, Layton... I've driven past it hundreds of times... Grew up in Idaho Falls, Mom was from SLC.

Idaho Falls is where we get off I-15 to head up to my friend's cabin in Island Park for our annual fall fishing trip. We fish Hebgen Lake up at the end where the Madison River comes in.

11 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

When I was stationed at Hill AFB I lived off base with my new bride in a little $275/month apartment in Layton. 

Fond memories of a simpler time.

I'm just over 4.5 miles south of HAFB almost directly on line of the runway. Get to see all kinds of military aircraft. About 40 years ago I got to watch a SR-71 doing touch and goes at Hill. The base has one of the nicest golf courses around and is well deserved by those who serve and have served! Thank you for your service!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Idaho Falls is where we get off I-15 to head up to my friend's cabin in Island Park for our annual fall fishing trip. We fish Hebgen Lake up at the end where the Madison River comes in.

Yup, Island Park, Mack's Inn, and on up to West Yellowstone. When I was a kid there was a A&W Root Beer Stand in every small town along the way - Salem, Rexburg, St. Anthony... My sister just went to Old Faithful and sent some pics of bears - glad they returned to the Park. They were a huge part of our Yellowstone experience as kids.