IGNORED

75 280Z -Exterior Door Mirrors

HusseinHolland

On my lunch 1/2 hour I swapped out the bullet mirrors (that were wobbly) for these chrome ones - I think they look more appropriate, however the pass side doesn't have the range of adjustment to make the rear quarter visible form the driver's seat. These came from ZcarDepot. These were inexpensive,  but... pass side is USELESS. Anyone else dealt with this?

PXL_20230606_141833759.jpg

PXL_20230606_141941482.jpg

PXL_20230606_141954346.jpg

PXL_20230606_142438206.jpg

Also laminated the original cold start notice I found in the sun visor

PXL_20230606_100800182.jpg

I think the spot were they sit now it to far back? If the right mirror was few inches more forward it would be fine (the vision)..

Maybe someone can take a pic of the right hand mirror (In LHD car) seen from the driverseat? Most mirrors are more into the front corner of the window.. i think..

9 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I think the spot were they sit now it to far back? If the right mirror was few inches more forward it would be fine (the vision)..

Maybe someone can take a pic of the right hand mirror (In LHD car) seen from the driverseat? Most mirrors are more into the front corner of the window.. i think..

The driver's side covers up the original mount holes of the factory mirror. The pass side is aligned with that. The problem is that the mirror cannot pivot further inward. I understand your point, and ideally I would like them further forward, however that would not change the visibility, as it is so far off.

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

I would prefer to see the quarter as a frame of reference but it seems like the mirror will still show if a car is in your blind spot.

Using the red pole as a reference...

Yeah, It doesn't. I nearly sideswiped someone because I instinctively went with the mirror view as accurate. It's WAAAYY off. The ball on the back of the mirror head is too shallow to allow the head to pivot inward to the point where it will cover the blindspot 😞

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, HusseinHolland said:

The ball on the back of the mirror head is too shallow to allow the head to pivot inward to the point where it will cover the blindspot

Don't know if there is a spring in there.. you could put a black piece of (half a) ring in there to let it pivot some more.. maybe?

Maybe the mirror can be taken apart and make the ball on the back a bit bigger?

I guess there a 2 screws in the door bit? if you put the mirror with it's back screw on the front hole (so the mirror sits like 2 inch further to the front, i bet that would be enough.. yeah i know you see the other hole in the door.. but the mirror works. 😬

3 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Don't know if there is a spring in there.. you could put a black piece of (half a) ring in there to let it pivot some more.. maybe?

Maybe the mirror can be taken apart and make the ball on the back a bit bigger?

I guess there a 2 screws in the door bit? if you put the mirror with it's back screw on the front hole (so the mirror sits like 2 inch further to the front, i bet that would be enough.. yeah i know you see the other hole in the door.. but the mirror works. 😬

I will have to cut the stem where the pivot is attached to allow the mirror head to angle. Moving the mirror forward will not make any difference, as the mirror head angle is too far off for that to compensate. I still haven't had a reply from ZcarDepot. Basically, the mirror is junk since it is not fit for purpose.

• Sad 1