IGNORED

Door Sill Benchtop

SteveJ

4 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Ingenious Steve.

Nice work.

Thank you. It wasn't my first effort. I made another bench many years ago, but it had fixed legs and a rectangular shape. It took up too much space, and it couldn't get as close to the door sill. Eventually, it got tossed. I was actually thinking of mounting a hook to the underside of the bench so I could hang it from my shelves to keep it more out of the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

What? You don't carry a back up Z with you?

Well, I own 14 Z cars, although some are not complete, and at present only two are in a state where they could be running and driving with minimal effort.

I’m retiring January 5, and the plan is to get busy assembling and tuning.

Oh, and selling off the ones that are essentially a title, vin tag and data plates.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Well, I own 14 Z cars, although some are not complete, and at present only two are in a state where they could be running and driving with minimal effort.

I’m retiring January 5, and the plan is to get busy assembling and tuning.

Oh, and selling off the ones that are essentially a title, vin tag and data plates.

Are you selling the ones with the trees growing through them, or are you parting those out? And congratulations on the upcoming retirement. I envision retiring in about 8 years and working more and more on Z cars myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Are you selling the ones with the trees growing through them, or are you parting those out? And congratulations on the upcoming retirement. I envision retiring in about 8 years and working more and more on Z cars myself.

I hope to sell all of the ones outside. All but one has a title, and getting a title for that one should be easy considering how long it has been since it was last registered.

The 280ZX, a 280Z, and a 240Z we’re running when I parked them 18 years ago.

A couple of the others look like some heavy snow was unkind to the roofs. I’ll be able to make a better assessment after I get them away from the back wall of the shop and cleaned up a bit.

I have 5 complete cars inside, and hope to keep them all, but time will tell . . . . . . . 

The brown 72 I’m keeping for sure, as well as the race Z. I also have a low number 240Z, 6/70 manufacture date, vin 5957, but it doesn’t have the original engine, and is in rough shape. I also have a 280Z, yellow, with louvers, I suspect it is one of those Zapp cars. 

• Like 1