Factory Service Manual question - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Factory Service Manual question

Featured Replies

I’m trying to track down an electrical issue and I’m going through the fsm and I found the wire I’m looking for, but it goes through the connector c-1. The issue is that on the last page, it shows the connector with the same shape that I saw on the diagram, but it has an arrow pointing to a different shaped connector. Does anyone know what this means? Image is attached.

128EBC32-86B3-408B-8592-BD4BDCBA9BFD.jpeg

Can you tell us the year FSM?

In my understanding of these diagrams, the upper C1 shows the x'ed out ones have no wires in this positions. The lower C1 is what the plug actually looks like. 

SteveJ will know for sure about this. 🙂

  • Author

That would make sense because it has the same number of pins, or spaces for pins.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

@Terrapin Zis correct.

Those connectors are also color coded. C1 is blue as indicated on the wiring diagram.

Another convention, knowing which side has the male pins:

image.png

So in the wiring diagram:

image.png

The male pins should be on the engine harness side, and the female pins should be on the body harness.

If you see how the connector is shown in the wiring diagram, there are no wires going to where the Xs are.

  • Author

@SteveJ Thank you. That makes a lot more sense now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.