IGNORED

Car show Key Blank Code

Dat.240

Wondering if any folks knew the codes associated with the blanks for this common, not original ignition switch replacement . Keys are labeled car show with a unique identifier C23425? I noticed there are a lot of custom key blanks for the originals, but I wasn’t able to dig up if these are made for a bluebird or a 510 . ( note there is no door alarm functionality in this unit ). Any help is appreciated !E15ACAFD-17BE-4541-BDD0-0A0E7541C85E.jpeg

Thanks so much man your the best, I was looking to get another key made . Wasn’t in the system at the box stores and the local hardware store just needed the right blank and they said they could cut anything. Saw a custom key blank online that’s what sparked my interest. And yes you are right 3 keys is probably overkill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_9496.png

Wow what a wealth of information thanks for sharing that love reading through that stuff , I’ve been doing as much research as I can and that sure has a lot ! I’m trying to get keys that at least look original to the untrained eye , for my doors DA23 and ignition seems to be DA20. I’m a particular person and they aren’t serious problems , so appreciate all the insight that much more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Yeah, I found that wiki page as well and there's a lot of good info on there.

But about your key blank and trying to use one of those titanium keys... Those TI keys are all for the double sided cut and there's no way they will fit your cylinder. Regardless which blank your lock uses, it's a single side cut and those TI blanks are for the newer double side cut.

When they describe blanks, they look at the cross section profile from the part you hold in your fingers (they call it the "bow"). And if I modify your pic and flip it around so you are looking at that profile from the bow, it looks like this:
dat240s key.jpg

And that still looks like an X1 / MZ12 or DA20 / D80K.to me.

• Like 2