IGNORED

Turn Signal Lamps in Instrument Panel

87mj

I have a 6/70 that I am putting back together. I reinstalled the dash, harnesses, etc.

The front & rear turn signals work, hazards, all dash lights, headlights, taillights etc.  I can hear the flashers clicking.  Everything flashes for the turn signals and hazards except the lamps in the instrument panel.  I don't know if they ever did work.  I never drove the car.  The hazard switch does not appear to be factory correct (I think it came from a (~7/71) so I wonder if someone plowed this field before me.

Is it safe to assume the instrument lights run off the same wire as the front turn signals?

If the front turn signals work but the lamps in the dash dont work, it can't be a bad switch somewhere.  It can only be something such as a faulty ground somewhere around the tach?

Thanks

I think you might be right about the ground connection for the bulbs.  It all depends on good contact with the little tang on the bulb holder with the instrument housing.  Nissan improved on this weakness in later years by adding a dedicated ground wire to each lamp in the instruments.

Does the dash lighting function normally?

On 4/16/2022 at 10:35 AM, S30Driver said:

I think you might be right about the ground connection for the bulbs.  It all depends on good contact with the little tang on the bulb holder with the instrument housing.  Nissan improved on this weakness in later years by adding a dedicated ground wire to each lamp in the instruments.

Does the dash lighting function normally?

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes everything in the dash works (that I have seen anyway).  No engine yet so I havent checked the tach.  All gauge lights work including the tach. The blue high beam headlight light works too.