IGNORED

Got PUMA?

Zvoiture

Someone just shared the existence of the Brasilian PUMA automobile with me. Had never heard of it... Interesting. some of these pix look dangerously like...well.... Can you spell Z roadster?

Hoping someone else knows something about these cars. My main question is: Who designed them? Was there a famous or reputable designer who concepted them? I have read through a few of the 'history' pages and can't find any deep design roots other than who started building them and when.

Here's a link with a bunch of other great links at the end: http://wj2d.100megsdns.com/home.html

Anyone?

steve77

"only for ZX"

Look on page 25 of the 20th Anniversary Edition MSA catalog (the one with the orange cover).

The picture above "Side Window Louvers" is of a 1st gen Z with these louvers fitted, and taken from the catalog :

"SIDE WINDOW LOUVERS

Use these side louvers as a nice complement to your rear louver, or on their own. Their one piece ABS construction make them a snap to install.

50-1081 70-78 Coupe $119.99 4lbs

50-1082 79-83 Coupe $119.99 4lbs

50-1083 79-83 2+2 $119.99 4lbs

50-1084 84-89 Coupe $119.99 4lbs

50-1085 84-89 2+2 $119.99 4lbs"

They are even listed similarly in MSA's online catalog

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SWL

There are some similarities to the Opel GT's...but the Z has some similarities to the Opel Gt and the Toyota 2000 has some similarities to the Opel Gt....quite a few personal GT cars from the era have some similarities with the Opel Gt....or is it the other way around?

I wouldn't want one for the simple fact they have VW motors and transaxles in them. But I found the design interesting.

steve77