IGNORED

Rear Bumper Mounting Brackets

HappyZ

18 hours ago, HappyZ said:

The reason for my question is mainly that the bumper, when installed, slightly touches the body in the middle (dead center) of the car.  I thought before I add shims, I'd like to be sure it's installed correctly.

IMG_2895.jpeg

I had the same body contact ussue with two sets of aftermarket bumpers, different U.S. sellers but both from Taiwan. The arc of the center section was too shallow to match the curve of the rear valance. Shims only screwed up the mounting locations of the two end pieces where they bolt thru the fender. I ended up with a rear bumper from Vietnam with a perfect fit.

My bumpers are from Vietnam too.  Although I did need to add shims, I think I've got it looking pretty good.  I must say that there is more gap on each side than there is in the middle, but it's not real noticeable.  After I get it tightened up tomorrow, I'll take some pics.

@jfa.series1Does yours have more gap between on the ends than in the middle, OR is it even all the way across?  I can put my finger tip between the bumper and car on each side, and about half that in the middle.

Edited by HappyZ

13 hours ago, HappyZ said:

@jfa.series1Does yours have more gap between on the ends than in the middle, OR is it even all the way across?  I can put my finger tip between the bumper and car on each side, and about half that in the middle.

My center bar is almost a perfect macth for the curve on the valance - about 1/8" gap across the full length. No mods to the mounting brackets.

• Like 1

I measured my original bumper and it measures the same as @jfa.series1.  I also drew a line on the new bumper that traced the rear of the car.  When the line was complete, they also matched your measurements.  That said, I have a relative that can trim the excess off the inside of the bumper and everything should line up.  It may take a week or two, so I'll report back when it's done.  Thanks to all for your inputs.

Edited by HappyZ
  • Like 2