IGNORED

Seat contact in pass. seat

Jarnved

Sorry, I discarded mine when I put new foam and upholstery on the seats in my 73. It's just for the seat belt buzzer. Unless you also have the sensor for the seat belt (and want to use 50 year old seat belts), it will just cause the buzzer to go off if you have a passenger.

The sensor itself should be positioned near the middle of the seat to ensure it is pressed down when someone is sitting on it. If you use an ohmmeter, you can find the contact that is closed when the seat has an occupant.

• Agree 1

I am not sure that I understand your question. 

My first thought was that you are asking how the seat switch physically mounts under the seat.  My recollection is that it is pressed into the seat spring with the movable part of the switch facing upward into the seat.  When you sit on the seat your weight depresses the movable part into the switch and the connection is made.

Others are answering the electrical side so I will also try to help with that.  The original wiring shows two (2) wires on the seat switch, one green and one green with a black trace/stripe.  The Green with the black trace is connected to the Passenger (right side) seat belt mechanism.  The Green wire coming out of the Passenger seat belt mechanism goes to the Driver (left side) seat belt mechanism.  The Green with a black trace wire from the Driver seat belt mechanism ties back to the Green wire on the Passenger seat switch.  I don't believe the driver side seat switch is connected.  

The idea is that if the driver turns the ignition on and is sitting in the seat and he does not have his seat belt extended then the warning lamp and buzzer are activated.  If the driver turns the ignition on and a passenger is sitting in the seat, then the first part of the circuit is activated.  If his seat belt is not buckled, then the second part of the circuit is activated, and the buzzer and the warning lamp are activated.  If the passenger seat belt is fastened, then the second part of the circuit is de-activated, and the warning lamp and buzzer are de-activated.

I think there is enough information to troubleshoot the problem.  If not don't hesitate to ask more questions.  I will also try to locate a schematic that shows the seat belt and seat switch circuit and post it.

Last comment - My recollection is that this circuit uses these 3 pin mini connectors.  There are only two wires in the connectors and the connectors are keyed so you can't put them in backwards.

regards,

ron