IGNORED

Weatherstripping

fusion

I am painting my 280z and will be replacing every piece of weatherstripping on the car.  I am going with Vintage Rubber front and rear windshield gaskets since I want to go 'Cal style' without the stainless trim.  I am also going to use Kia Sportage weatherstrip for the doors and hatch.  

I believe these are the most critical seals on the car and people have had issues with some brands.

But for the rest of the car, I am wondering if it's worth paying a premium for Vintage Rubber, or if the cheaper seals on Zcardepot (Precision?), or another vendor are totally fine 

Any comments welcome.

I bought most of my weatherstripping from ZCarSource, except for the front and rear, which I got from Vintage Rubber as you are planning.  The ZCarSource stuff seemed mostly OK, except for the door weatherstrip.  I haven't yet been able to close my driver door.  Vintage Rubber was the only place I could find that had that 'Cal style', which I wanted since I'm also black-powderoating all the chrome.  I haven't mounted the front/rear glass yet.