IGNORED

Seatbelt warning

Jarnved

The system changed over the years. Put the year of your car in the signature.

Click on your username in the top right corner of the screen. image.png

On the left hand side of the new screen, you will see Signature.

image.png

Click on that and add the year of your car to the signature block. Save it, and in future posts we will know what year car you need help with.

Is it a European model? It might be the same as the US model. Your earlier post asking for the light bulbs for that and the hazard switch led me to believe you had a 74 or later, so I gave you the wrong answer for that post.

If you haven't already done so, you can download an English language version of the factory service manual from the downloads section of this website. There is a link in my signature.

The circuit comes off the fusebox and goes to the dash harness as a green wire. The green wire goes to the body harness. It branches off in two directions. One goes to the weight switch under the passenger side seat. The other branch is a green/black wire going to the driver side seat belt latch. From the weight switch the wire comes out as green/black and goes to the passenger side seat belt latch. From the latch, it comes out as a green wire. From the driver side seat belt latch the wire comes out green and joins with the wire from the passenger side latch. That green wire goes to the transmission neutral switch and comes out green. That wire branches off to the seat belt warning light and the buzzer. I believe the buzzer is only grounded when the driver door is open.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Steve i'm really appreciate your help. I will use the weekend to solve it out. I'm from Europe, Denmark near Copenhagen, but the car is from CA. I got it to Denmark,July last year. Bought it in February on BAT and recieved it in July!!

Was sure that I never would recieve it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jarnved said:

the car is from CA.

2 hours ago, Jarnved said:

trying to repair my elctrical seatbelt warning

I think you have a 1973 car but a 1974 or later 260z console in it.. A 1969-1973 240z never had a seatbelt warning in it as far i know (Just looked in my 1971 240z serv.man. and it has none in it.. also no choke warninglight.. what i also see on the schematic above in steve's pic.)

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I think you have a 1973 car but a 1974 or later 260z console in it.. A 1969-1973 240z never had a seatbelt warning in it as far i know (Just looked in my 1971 240z serv.man. and it has none in it.. also no choke warninglight.. what i also see on the schematic above in steve's pic.)

Then obviously you don't know correctly. The seat belt warning light and choke warning light are on the fuse box cover for the 72 and 73. Both lights are also shown in the snippet of the wiring diagram I included.

20220120_105408.jpg

As for the bulbs, I double checked the choke warning and seat belt warning lights. They are indeed BA7 bulbs. 

• Thanks 1