IGNORED

A shot in the dark

Kennya99

Okay, I still have my first car I bought in the summer of 1998, a 1982 Datsun 200sx roadster convertible. While moving it from my old house to my new it sprung a leak in the radiator and the temp gauge wasn’t working…. This caused the engine to blow. Now, it’s in the shop getting worked over for a full restoration and I’m looking for a performance cam shaft. Nothing too crazy, but seeing as it only makes like 104hp with the Z22E engine, I’d love to bump that up to 120-140 if possible. I searched everywhere to no avail and even called the Nissan dealership but they just told me there was nothing they could do. Any help is appreciated. 

You could have the stock cam regorund if it wasn't damaged.  But, the Z22E is an EFI engine and its engine management might not work well with a non-stock cam.  1982 is still pretty primitive, I don't think it's tuneable, besides the AFM and other parts designed for a certain cam profile.  So, you might end up needing Megasquirt or one of the other engine management systems.

https://www.racetep.com/engine-building/camshaft-grinding.html

• Thanks 1