240-260-280? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240-260-280?

Featured Replies

Are the frobnt ends (fender headlight housing and lower valance) the same on the 240, 260 and 280?

No. The 240 and early 260's have front turn signals below the bumper on each corner. The later models have solid lower corners with the turn signals in the grill area. I'm not sure about the center section.

headlight buckets, yes.

valance pieces, no. the valance changed size & shape as the bumpers grew larger and the turn signals moved.

  • Author

Are the fenders the same exact size and shape?

Yes. I'm basing this answer on the VB catalog where they list replacement fenders as the same part# for 1970-1978.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Don't forget to mention differing metal and fiberglass headlight buckets!

Are the lower valences inter changeable on the 240 &280z?

I wonder if you could put a 240z lower valence on a 280z. I have seen a 240z with a 280z lower valence on this site somewhere.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.