IGNORED

260z horn, signals, wipers not working

i am now stumped by the horn relay...  i pulled the one off they show in fsm...  mine relay in that location does not have 3 male connectors on it... after ui got it off the wall it just has a black wire covering coming out of it going behind more wires and i cant even see where it goes..  has anyone changed or pulled a horn relay on a 260???  the one i pulled out was above the 89914 - you cant see it in photo//

rely.jpg

horn.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shawninvancouver said:

mine relay in that location does not have 3 male connectors on it..

Probably not the horn relay.

You keep showing the picture with four black lines on it.  What is that picture supposed to illustrate?

That’s what I thought was the horn relay but it is probably the washer relay I’m trying to locate the horn relay maybe someone will recognize it in there somewhere I will go take a photo of the area and try and show you what I see but there is no relay with three green wires the only wires coming out of the back of the relay that is way up there is a black wire housing which I can’t even see where the wires go because they are stuffed so high up there

Do you have a small bumper 260Z or a big bumper 260Z?  Maybe you should be using the 1975 280Z FSM.  260Z was a changeover year.

Here is 1975.  Maybe it has a clue.  The location of the fuse box might help, for reference, and the vent pull.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

i tried trust me-----  a black wire covering comes out of that relay and i cant  see where it goes - it snakes behind the other relays and wire harness -- super hard to find the greens..  i dont want to just yank em,....

should i hear the relay click when i press the horn or not.. horns are dead.. and no power going up to horn power wire..

Edited by Shawninvancouver

20 hours ago, Zed Head said:

You can take that green wire and touch it to a ground and the horns will get power.  Honk

Should also hear the relay click if the horns are not too loud.

Edited by Zed Head