IGNORED

Bouncing speedo, cable lube procedure?

kenward1000

240z speedo needle bouncing. Read that drive cable needs to be lubed. Have pulled cable inner from transmission end, cleaned and lubed said inner with 3-In-1 light oil. Blew out the housing from the speedo end. Now, how to lube the inside of speedo cable housing and with what?

I like white silicone spray. Seems to last longer than something like wd-40. That "worms" one way and I can't remember exactly which end to start with. Somebody will tell us. Seems like the gauge down to the transmission but not positive. You could lube the easy access end of the tranny and use a air compressor gun to push it through.

Edited by siteunseen

20 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I like white silicone spray. Seems to last longer than something like wd-40. That "worms" one way and I can't remember exactly which end to start with. Somebody will tell us. Seems like the gauge down to the transmission but not positive. You could lube the easy access end of the tranny and use a air compressor gun to push it through.

The inner cable was extracted from the transmission end.  Maybe use the silicone spray on each inch of inner cable, as I'm feeding it back in?