IGNORED

Looking to restore the blue oil pan color on the 280z? Any recommendations or link to blue paint that is close to the originial?

JggyZ

Oil pan is removed while doing new gasket/sealing. Please feel free to leave links or comments on the blue color paint that one has used.

The other option is to just paint it black as well .  Would be nice to go as close to OEM as possible on the oil pan color. Thanks!!!

I thought they were black but I could be wrong.

I have not tried it yet, but I am getting close to to painting a few engine colored parts on my ZX. After reading I believe that Chrysler Corp Blue Engine enamel is a good match for the block without getting a specific can made or ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mailnome said:

I thought they were black but I could be wrong.

I have not tried it yet, but I am getting close to to painting a few engine colored parts on my ZX. After reading I believe that Chrysler Corp Blue Engine enamel is a good match for the block without getting a specific can made or ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently on the factory line the 280z oil pan were black.   Then oversprayed with blue to match the engineblock.  Question becomes which is in keeping with factory oem? Black or blue?  I vote blue since that is how it was delivered to customers.  I also find the 'nissan' blue kinda cool!!!

Edited by JggyZ
Concept