IGNORED

'72 240Z: Wiring in coil/condenser/ballast resister area?

Jughead

Help!! 

I replaced the coil and ballast resister in my 1972 240Z, and suspect I may have the wiring wrong. (ugh)

1)      Can anyone verify my understanding of the wiring in my coil/condenser/ballast resister area?   Please see my schematic below and let me know if it looks correct. If not,  what do I have wrong?

Wiring Schemeatic.jpg

2)      Where does the wire from the coil condenser connect to?

3)      There are 2 Black & White wires (1 to the coil; 1 to the resister).  How do I verify which is which?

Thank You!

Jughead

Edited by Jughead
typo

1. Your wiring diagram looks correct. Of course, you can look at the factory wiring diagram by downloading the FSM from this site.
  2. The condenser goes to the positive of the coil.
  3. Make sure the B/W wires are not touching anything (wrap with electrical tape). Put the key in ON. Use a voltmeter (or test light) to measure voltage to ground (I like the strut tower nuts for ground.) on the B/W wires. The one with voltage goes to the ballast resistor.