IGNORED

Weird No Start Condition - 260Z

SteveJ

Actually, I think leaving the coil wire off caused a flood condition. Because I kept smelling the gas, I thought I still had fuel.

I'm not sure whether or not I had a bad ignition module, but I did find the erratic spark while troubleshooting. The stator in the replacement distributor was in better shape than the one I had in the car.

After seeing the strong spark with the replacement distributor, I started wondering if I had a fuel problem. That is when I found out about the "flood code" generated from the TPS signal. I also wanted to verify injector function, but I didn't have a noid light handy. I should have that by Wednesday. I cleared the "flood code" by unplugging the TPS with the key in ON.

I also have a new battery on order for the Windows 7 notebook computer so I can have WinALDL software handy for the next round of troubleshooting. It's not fun to run diagnostics when you don't have the right tools on hand.

• Like 1