IGNORED

New member with a question

JBender

Hey all,

New to the group.  A quick overview of my car can be seen here 1991 300zx JDM Right Handed  The dealer hasn't taken the post down yet.  It's a blast driving on the right side!

So my question is really a concern.  I have a warning light going off intermittently that I can't figure out.  I can't find it in any manual or internet search.  Everything on this car is in Japanese so...who knows.

It's the warning light in between the brake and open door lights.  The engine is not hot.  The only thing I can possibly see is my oil gauge is ready between 1/4 and 1/2.  It never quite gets to 1/2.

Doesn't seem like that symbol would indicate anything like that.

300zxWarningLight.jpg

Anyway, any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, JBender said:

Awesome, thx. Maybe I'll just straight pipe it and get rid of the problem 😉 jk 

I would never do that 

Welcome to the forum.

Find out what is causing the catalyst to overheat. A lean condition can cause cats to get hot, and if they get too hot the carpet will catch fire, and once that happens it is too late. And they take a long time to cool down.

I have seen that very thing happen to many cars of this era. Owner standing on the side of the road, the catalytic converters glowing cherry red, smoke filling the passenger compartment, and nothing can be done but stand there and watch it go up in flames. By the time the fire department arrives, it is over.

Get it checked out, and correct the cause, before your pride and joy is destroyed.