IGNORED

Finishing Panel Clips

Clay C

One more easy question for someone. On the finishing panel topside....I had to replace the metal on the body that the panel screws down to on the top, under the hatch where it latches. How is that screwed down? Is it just sheet metal screws threaded in the body metal or does it need those little clips that are used to hold the marker lights to the body?

Well...now that I think about it the holes sit too far back from the edge for those clips.

Edited by Clay C

The factory method of securing the top of the rear finisher panels to the hatch sill is with a set of plastic rivets that are a bit smaller than those used for the interior panels. I've seen them secured with pop-rivets and screws. The small rivets are available thru Nissan parts, possibly MSA.

Just now, jfa.series1 said:

The factory method of securing the top of the rear finisher panels to the hatch sill is with a set of plastic rivets that are a bit smaller than those used for the interior panels. I've seen them secured with pop-rivets and screws. The small rivets are available thru Nissan parts, possibly MSA.

Thank you sir