IGNORED

How to Rebuild STOCK Struts? (240z)

z shredder

Hello guys,

First of all sorry for my english im just a 16 year old kid from germany.

A few months back I was Lucky enough to buy a 73 Datsun 240z to restore for my first car.

I bought it non running and pretty badly rusted, the car is now almost completly stripped and at a welding shop to get the rust dealt with.

The owner of the shop was nice enough to let me use the lift so that I can work on the Suspension (you can tell just by bouncing on the car that the shocks are blown out and need new oil).

Im pretty sure The 240 has got the original struts so I want to rebuild them I have Pictures of the manual that tells you how to do it and how much oil to add (290cc) and what oil to use (nesseki damper oil)

I cant find the oil anywhere and to be honest I would like some newer higher weight oil for firmer damping can anybody help me on what type of oil and weight to use?

Also all 4 dampers have something that looks like adjusters withe flat spots ground into them does anyone recognize what this is?

Edited by z shredder