IGNORED

Where to Start?

Remixaflip

Hello all, I just picked up a 260z. Previous owner took everything apart and took the body down to metal. The car is literally a rollin chassis. My question is apart from doing the body work first, which parts should be installed in which order? My thinking was Dash-> Electrical> carpet-> interior trim> seats> steering column> pedals, gas tank, rear suspension> front suspension> hatch>doors>glass>engine/trans>exhaust.

I’m just not sure what the order of operations are on this car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

353a409a2520c1794c8d75b01dacdf0e.jpg

bd9d3beaade3636c49c714b28fb9982c.jpg

2e74b702b0cd60985c3e83f09a1e85ae.jpg

99a550738eb79b676c1b8061a5f2d3de.jpg

Anything that is under the dash should be done before the dash is installed, it can be a pain in the arse to get down there. You did not mention HVAC...

Another bay area member nice to see, i think thats 2 new people in the past month.

did you plan on doing body work yourself?

Anything that is under the dash should be done before the dash is installed, it can be a pain in the arse to get down there. You did not mention HVAC...
Another bay area member nice to see, i think thats 2 new people in the past month.
did you plan on doing body work yourself?

Thanks for pointing that out. I’m going to try do as much of the body work myself. I’ve pretty much have everything down to bare metal. Very MINIMA rust, and a few dents I’ll hammer out.

I’ll be following the Haynes Repair manual.

I’m trying to get plugged into the local community to try and learn as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardlines first (fuel, brakes). Engine and body electrical harness next. Then everything under the dash. Interior, I'd do everything I could with the dash out - except seats which should probably be last (or tied for last with the steering wheel). Dash is a bit easier to do while the windshield is out.

• Like 2