IGNORED

Brake Booster Questions - Please Look :-)

HappyZ

I removed my brake booster during the paint process.  Looking at my brake booster I have a few questions:

1. Is the actuator on the master cylinder side supposed to just pull out, to include the rubber grommet? (See Photo)
  2. Is there a gasket needed on both (or one) side of the spacer? (See Photo) I see a silhouette of a gasket, but there wasn't one on it.
  3. When I tried to check the booster with a vacuum pump, I could get it to five or ten pounds of pressure, but it would lose vacuum pretty quickly.  Do I need to seal up one side or both before adding vacuum?
  4. Lastly, are there good alternatives (that you've used) other than the $170 booster sold on Z sites?

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

Edited by HappyZ

I finally looked at this. When you buy the rebuilt booster there are issues with the threaded rods not lining up at the firewall and they warn that it often needs to be customized to fit your car. I bought the master rebuild kit and it was challenging but I got through it. Mine held vacuum after I was done but I tore it completely apart as my photos indicate. I also cut gaskets for my spacers and plan to silicone them in in case there is a potential vacuum leak there.

• Like 1