IGNORED

“Chugging” noise.

moozieman

You really should check the engine for vacuum leaks.  I found mine and it completely changed how the engine ran and only took 10 minutes to find/seal all the leaks.

Here's how you're going to do it:

- head to harbor freight and buy a hand "transfer" pump like this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/Multi-Use-Transfer-Pump-63144.html

- get a rag and plug your air intake (otherwise the smoke will leak out here)

- unplug your brake booster and plug the "out" side of the pump's hose in there

- grab a pack of cigarettes from 711, light one and put its end into the "in" side of the pump and start pumping.  After 2-3 cigarettes your engine should be full and you will see smoke start to sneak out.  Cap/fix those leaks.

NOTE: You must do this when your engine is cold and this is done with the engine off.

I'd also check and make sure you are getting spark to all cylinders.  Pull all the spark wires and stick a screwdriver (with a plastic or wood handle) into where the wire connects to the plug and then hold the metal of the screwdriver a centimeter or two above some body metal and crank the car.  If you have spark to that plug you will see it arc to the car.

The video sounds like the car possibly isnt running on all cylinders.

If that is indeed the problem, don't stop there - seal your vacuum leaks too via the above method.

Edited by chaseincats
  • Like 1