IGNORED

240z Timing Struggles

KiileZ

Everyone, thanks a lot for the help! I really appreciate it! I didn't realize there was a light on the ignition to show when the optical sensor was showing true, but that'll be a ton of help to get it setup! I'll let you guys know what progress I make in the next few days. Thanks again!

Well guys, I appreciate all your help. I was waiting for my oil pump to show up before I attempted the timing again. It showed up on Friday and I got started on timing Saturday morning. I did everything that was recommended and now it is sitting nicely at 10 degrees timing. I just adjusted the shaft until my the rotor was pointing as close to the #1 electrode as I could get it. Then I adjusted the optical sensor so it was directly over a slot in the shutter. Fired it up and checked timing and now everything is great. It's running pretty good, but my carbs are a bit out of wack now. I attempted to use my color tune, but I have never been able to get that tool to work reliably, so once I finish reupholstering my seats this week I am going to get it out and do some street tuning. Once again, thanks alot guys!

• Like 1