IGNORED

Containment

RIP260Z

No, not the current virus restrictions, but the original, genuine, Nissan boxes and assorted packaging, our new, now NOS parts came in. I haven't seen a thread on this, so..

I love obtaining new parts, in there original boxes, something special. And the more age to a part, some of mine are probably going back to the mid 1960's, the better. And, the changes and different way Nissan wrote down the part number and item description. I have no idea how the different types of packaging, labels and fonts fit into any kind or historical "pathway" of development, I just like them! I don't think this should just stay within the era of the S30, as the packaging of parts spans a wider time.

Some , may think its "weird", but its not the same getting a reproduction part just in a plastic bag. The original box can add value to the part.

i-img1200x900-1583296530aabptz107144.jpg

My favouite, the red white and blue Nissan boxes. Not mine, but the boxes are in very good condition. A variant, I only spotted of the red white and blue;

i-img1200x900-1584588171duzjop4945.jpg

Notice, only red on the ends of the packaging.

An earlier example of a parts label, notice it is in kanji, rather than english, and the label is a different design.

i-img1200x900-1571807371pdospk930289.jpg

Enjoy!

(Admin, feel free to move, but I didn't know how to catagorize this...)

Edited by RIP260Z
Added bit
  • Like 2

Thanks CanTechZ, I bet you don't really want to use that fan belt if you get stuck. That is part of the problem, once they are used, they are gone.

A couple of examples of "soft" Nissan packaging. The sturdy paper bag one, hand written, and without parts description. And a Datsun plastic bag.

20200321_103246.jpg

20200320_113608.jpg

Hi Ian,

Great thread idea! 

Attached are a few examples of "containment", including one from "Pardat", who sold authorized Nissan parts through UK dealerships.  I like the red, white and blue boxes the most. 

IMG_0453.JPG

Pardat Mirror (2).JPG

26370-N3500 (wiper 1).JPG

General Brake Hose1.jpg

IMG_0316.JPG

Edited by jerz

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:13 AM, RIP260Z said:

Thanks CanTechZ, I bet you don't really want to use that fan belt if you get stuck. That is part of the problem, once they are used, they are gone.

A couple of examples of "soft" Nissan packaging. The sturdy paper bag one, hand written, and without parts description. And a Datsun plastic bag.

Yes, I'm definitely won't be using that fan belt. Also here is a picture of two 74932-E4100 scuff plates that I have, one is from 1984 and the other from 2016. I found it interesting that the description changed so much. In 1984 it was "PLATE-SCUF" as is in the parts book, the part from 2016 reads "HOOK ASSY-ROPE"

20200405_080054.jpg

Edited by CanTechZ
added picture