Thermostat Housing Gauge Port Thread Size - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Thermostat Housing Gauge Port Thread Size

Featured Replies

I am in the middle of a special project on a 75 280z, part of which is a new vintage dash with retrofitting a set of Speedhut gauges.  I need to find out the type and thread size of the temperature gauge sender port on the thermostat housing.  The adapter in the kit is NPT thread, diameter is close but just slightly too big.  Does anyone know is the port is metric or BPT?   The oil sender is BPT and I re-tapped it for NPT for the new sender, it was only 1 thread off, 27 vs 28.

This is the only adapter Speedhut has that appears to be close...        Any ideas or insight most welcome...

M14.JPG

I believe it's the same as the 240Z. 

 

  • Author

Thanks Steve!   sorry I didn't search harder ...

I just happened to remember the thread.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.