IGNORED

JDM/option Footrest, differences.

RIP260Z

Just for completeness sake: I recently stumbled on this replica made by ColinProject (wheel.co.jp) in japan. if anybody is interested.

I don't sell these and i'm not linked to the company. i just wanted to show those whick are interested. It seems close to the original, but especially the fastners seem slightly different. Still might be of interest for some of you.
colin-footrest.png

And the Colin project is available here too;

https://jdm-car-parts.com/collections/interior-trim-nissan-datsun-fairlady-z-240z-260z-280z-280zx/products/original-style-foot-rest-for-jdm-fairlady-z-and-roadster-sp-sr?variant=2606391364

I am not a fan, the feet and fixing rivets are wrong. I know its to swap feet around to help sort which way the feet maybe orientated to suit your car (but for me its lazy).

And considering the cost of an OEM restored one (which I sometimes restore and sell), at least it is original and looks correct.

• Like 1

And since we are drifting interestingly to reproduction footrests for the S30, here is an aftermarket one that came from a S30 in Japan (according to the Yahoo auction). No idea who made it, but it's nice. A slight chance its the OEM option footrest for the SP/SR311....?

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 13-42-18 日産 フェアレディZ S30から外したフットレス - ヤフオク .png

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 13-42-33 日産 フェアレディZ S30から外したフットレス - ヤフオク .png

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 13-42-50 日産 フェアレディZ S30から外したフットレス - ヤフオク .png

Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 13-43-12 日産 フェアレディZ S30から外したフットレス - ヤフオク .png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This foot rest came out of a 1980 S130 Nissan Fairlady Z I lost in a shop fire. It has one of Ian's reproduction rubber two pieces that fit together. The passenger side of the car suffered no damage as the car on the driver's side was the culprit. The foot rest is for sale hit me up if interested.

P.S. This was mounted directly to the carpet/floor pan without any spacers.

20210925_091305.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-170142_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

After a long time, mainly due to loads of projects going on all at once (at different stages) my option SP/SP311 (74340-25500) footrest replica is finished. I am pleased.

The original footrest option for the 311 would have been a nice addition to the S30 range if Nissan decreed it back in 1969 for production instead of the black painted one.

footrest replica.JPG

footrest rivet replica1.JPG

footrest rivetreplica.JPG

• Like 3

Bravo Ian. Beautiful job!

However, I reckon Nissan got it right with the respective footrest finishes. The chrome version is perfectly suited to the CSP311s mid Sixties charm and style, coordinating with the other brightwork in the cabin and on the dash, whereas the S30 has an altogether more muted, darker and business-like cabin ambience. They fit.