IGNORED

Where to Place Original Jute Pads

DannDZ

I refreshed my 8/70 240 20 years ago. For some reason I did not replace all the jute padding. But, I did safely store it all these years. Now my challenge is determining where everything goes.

I think the two pieces on the left and right are under the passenger's feet. The other three in the middle, I really don't know where to begin.

Finally, there is piece of black cardboard with some "insulation" on the back. Does that belong on the driver's side?

Thanks

1971 Z Jute.jpg

I believe you are correct.  The left and right pieces go in the driver and passenger

foot wells.  The T-shapes piece goes under the seat.  There should be two of these,

one under each seat.  The two top right center pieces go behind the seats and under 

the plastic tool covers.  The shape will dictate which side is which.  The small piece

below those, bottom right center,  is a piece that fits in the right rear deck behind 

the right rear wheel housing.  Not sure about the gray piece.  Hope this helps.

Dan

Edit:  Do a search for “Jute” and look for Kats posts to find correct orientation

of footwell pieces.