IGNORED

Dealer A/C instructions

BDJeff

Are there any factory instructions or diagrams of the dealer installed A/C evaporator unit?  I've read most of the threads on A/C and there doesn't seem to be any reference in the FSM nor is there any photos of people removing/repairing the evaporator and fan.  I did see a pretty good write up of how the controls move the flaps and valves around.

I'm planning to revive my dealer installed A/C and don't know if I should rework it all or just go with a new Vintage Air unit.  This is a pretty good write up but it's more than ten years old.  Does the Vintage Air unit just bolt right in?  It's difficult to tell.  The A/C and heater controls don't seem to be well documented unless I just haven't found it.

Vintage Air install

I presume you are working on a 240? if so then you can refurb the oe AC and it will work, but not very well (the 260-280 was much better). IF you want a good working AC in a 240 then the vintage air is prob a better option, Lots of fabrication, lots to figure out on ducting, NO venting to out side air, NOT orig which may hurt the value of the car to some collectors.

• Like 1

Yes, a Series II 1971 with the dealer A/C.  I am looking for some documentation on it, instructions, pictures, and possibly specifications as I want to replace the York boat anchor with a Sanden rotary.  Simple stuff like do I need to remove the dashboard to access the evaporator and vent controls?  Just not a lot of info on it

this is interesting, a later model style AC evap (not the suck thru passenger side evap) on what looks like a 240 (based on the center vent). If this can be done it would be your best bet for original and functional. see the pic on post #23

Edited by Dave WM