Dealer A/C instructions - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dealer A/C instructions

Featured Replies

Are there any factory instructions or diagrams of the dealer installed A/C evaporator unit?  I've read most of the threads on A/C and there doesn't seem to be any reference in the FSM nor is there any photos of people removing/repairing the evaporator and fan.  I did see a pretty good write up of how the controls move the flaps and valves around.

I'm planning to revive my dealer installed A/C and don't know if I should rework it all or just go with a new Vintage Air unit.  This is a pretty good write up but it's more than ten years old.  Does the Vintage Air unit just bolt right in?  It's difficult to tell.  The A/C and heater controls don't seem to be well documented unless I just haven't found it.

Vintage Air install

I presume you are working on a 240? if so then you can refurb the oe AC and it will work, but not very well (the 260-280 was much better). IF you want a good working AC in a 240 then the vintage air is prob a better option, Lots of fabrication, lots to figure out on ducting, NO venting to out side air, NOT orig which may hurt the value of the car to some collectors.

  • Author

Yes, a Series II 1971 with the dealer A/C.  I am looking for some documentation on it, instructions, pictures, and possibly specifications as I want to replace the York boat anchor with a Sanden rotary.  Simple stuff like do I need to remove the dashboard to access the evaporator and vent controls?  Just not a lot of info on it

If I recall correctly the evap just tacked on the fan where it sucks in air from the cabin, so I would think no dash removal required. Its this suck thru and small ducts that make it so weak.

Good luck finding documentation.

this is interesting, a later model style AC evap (not the suck thru passenger side evap) on what looks like a 240 (based on the center vent). If this can be done it would be your best bet for original and functional. see the pic on post #23

 

 

Edited by Dave WM

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Attached is my original (accessory) AC documentation that I ran across years ago.

HVAC-Diagram.jpg

HVAC-Directions.jpg

HVAC-Directions2.jpg

  • Author

Awesome, thank you!  Can't get much simpler than that wiring diagram

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.