IGNORED

LED dash lights.... :)

PrOxLaMuS©

Originally posted by Alfadog

and the back

(i wish i could claim making the chip myself!!!)

I have the exact same thing. As I recall it came in the packaging of a Logitech optical mouse as a way of drawing attention to it on the store shelf. I just found mine (I must be a real packrat) and it's still blinking after probably two years. Perhaps I'll put it in the car as well. ROFL

I just made a really easy to understand guide on LEDs and how to know which resistors to get, I am going to actually do this to my gauge and have pictures and details on the best way to install the lights in your gauges but I made this to help people to easily understand what to do with wiring. I'm off to get some bright LEDs and a variable resistor or 2 to actually wire this up and take pictures. But until then here is what i have:

Really Really Basic Car LED Guide

On the topic of lighting up dull instrument clusters I have come across a small roughly 2mm dia. neon 'string' which is powered by a small transformer that would easily run 12V. I think I am going to run the wire around the face of the gauges thus light up the instrument's a whole lot better! and in any colour you want! I am still lookin into it, keep ya all posted..

• 2 months later...