IGNORED

LED dash lights.... :)

PrOxLaMuS©

interesting idea? you saying that you have never heard of it? All of my fellow Sentra owners.. and on the Sentra Forums...

its been a really popular do put in LED's to replace the lightbulbs behind the cluster. Most people just put in red or blue or bright arse white LED bulbs behind the cluster for an really bright, clean, indiglo look.

So anyone know :)

LED - Light Emitting Diode

Awesome little buggers which never blow because they are not light bulbs! Truck drivers have started using them as the little fairy lights all over their trucks because of this.

I have one wired up to flash - it is hooked up to 2 AA batteries and stuck in a little hole in my centre console. Looks like my car has an alarm system :)

The light flashes CONSTANTLY, I changed the batteries (which were about half charged I guess) about a month ago. They flash and flash and flash and use hardly any energy.

LEDs are fantastic!

I've messed with LEDs before on non auto stuff.

Where do you buy LEDs for your gauges?

I was thinking of doing the conversion but with only 5 leds off some power control stuff my dad has lying around(my dad is an electrician.) I didn't think that would be enough.

My plan was to splice the wire and try to install them where the stock bulb is located.

the more i thought about it the more discouraged i got about it.

I was going to try making one work using parts from my parts car but since i didn't have the right kind of leds or the righ amount i didn't.

With led's be wary or wiring, each LED needs to have its own resistor for best results, and parallel wiring is optimal. 12v is going to be your power supply and V(volts)=I(amps, indicated on teh LED package)R(resistance- your resistor), So for each resistor you will use that equation, but dont burn out the led. Ground can be shared in parallel but positive cant, i'm going to do this to one of my gauges i have lying around in the next few days since school is out today (i took my physics final today (hence the forulas)), but anywho im going to do this to my gauge cause im tired or the dull light and i'll make a guide

xbox_jewel_led_01b.jpg this is a parallel circuit with resistors in a circle (just to give you an idea).

give me a week or so and i'll have a guide with pics