73 Alternator upgrade and keep external Regulator - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

73 Alternator upgrade and keep external Regulator

Featured Replies

I have a stock 73 and I want to upgrade Alternator and still remain stock looking.  I am planning on using 75 -77 280z Remanufactured Hitachi 60 amp regulator (Remy 14118) and get a 1977 solid state external regulator.  Are there any modifications, like change support brackets or wiring?

You'll have to change the connector on the 1977 voltage regulator. You will have to compare the wiring diagrams to set the pin-outs for the new connector.

The proper connector can be found at http://www.vintageconnections.com

  • Author

So that is the only change?

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.