IGNORED

280z (dat boi) is water tight!

Dave WM

took a trip a last weekend, drove back Sunday thinking less traffic (not) down 75 starting at Tifton, 260 miles of rain later, had a tiny bit of wetness on the floor board, under the carpet right around the back large floor plug. Now I mean rain like get started on the Ark type rain. I can't imagine how many millions of gallons must have fallen, but 260 miles for about 6 hrs of non stop, cant see, afraid to pull over and become a sitting duck type rain. I finally bailed out at Ocala and took some side roads home (never venture south of Ocala on 75 if you can avoid it).

anyway passenger side was completely dry, so I guess the cowl vent is in good shape. I did purchase a new OE Nissan floor panel plug since the orig one was looking a bit ragged, I figure it could have been some water getting past it as I submarined my way home. checks all around the back, all good. some water dripped out of the weep holes on the doors, which is why they are there, I would have loved to look at the rear quarters but did not feel the urge to pull all the plastic trim, off to investigate. Anyway its passed its water test, so good to go on my longer trips where I will have to deal with bad weather at times.

oh and the AC was on the whole way both up and back, up was no rain and upper 80's to mid 90's the whole way, never got past 1/2 mark on temp. I did check oil and I am burning about 1qt every 1100 miles or so. The book says more than 1Q in 750  miles is excessive, so I guess I can live with it. Any one else track oil usage?