IGNORED

Early 260z Door Jamb Switch Wiring Connections (Pic inside)

DRTY_S30

I am trying to replace my door jamb switches in the 260z.  They are rusted through and I pretty much was able to "poke" them out with a screwdriver.  

A few issues I need to deal with:

-The metal around the self-grounding door jam switches are rusted.  I will not be able to get a reliable ground connection here.  How have you guys dealt with this in your own Z's?  I am thinking I will need to run a ground wire from another part of the car body and solder it to the switch to get a good ground.

-The driver's side door jamb switch had 3 connections running to it.  I'm not sure what the connections are.  You can see the wires in the attached picture.  If I were to guess, the wires are:  Ground wire, Courtesy light ground wire, and Buzzer ground wire?  Total guessing here.  Can anyone help me identify the wires please?  Also are 2 wires ALWAYS grounded to the switch body and only the courtesy light wire is connected to the switching end?  I couldn't tell because the switch is pretty corroded.

-Do you need to remove the dash to wire these door switches?  I don't see any other way of doing it because the wires are pretty up there in the dash.

Again, I'm a total noob at DIY car project and am learning as I go.

Thanks in advance!

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-05 at 10.47.57 AM.jpeg

That switch is looking pretty corroded.  A new one would be nice.

The only item that I can answer above is that you do not need to remove the dash as the connections are close to the bottom of the dash.  You will have to remove the kick panels.  Those are definitely easier.