IGNORED

Recommendations for start of restoration

cjde

I have to replace the starter and power steering pump, any brands that I should stay away from ? 

Also need to replace bushings,  Original rubber seems to be suggested to maintain the original feel of the car 

Comments ? 

There is no power steering pump on 69-78 Z cars.  You can buy  rebuilt starters or you could just have yours rebuilt locally. New OEM rubber bushings are very comfortable compared with poly,  although poly bushings are good to have on the steering rack and steering shaft.

Oh, and welcome to the fourm.

• Like 1

GrannyKnot!

Thanks, good to know about the 69-78 Zs. I forgot to add that I have a 1982 Zx. Only 160K miles!  Been a weekend driver for the last 15 years.  I did have a issue with the thermostat housing ... galvanic corrosion...  was not a easy repair. 

wonderin if people have been pleased with this 

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BSASR140X

or

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NSP826152

I restored my 72 Vw bug and could find many parts manufacturers but  Z parts suppliers are not as prevalent. Any starting points for  parts sellers ? 

blackdragonauto is now zcardepot.com and I guess zcarsource.com, any others?

Any one have a rubber bushing kit that they were happy with ? I seem to only find polyurethane. 

Thanks !