Where to find perfect project - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Where to find perfect project

Featured Replies

I  am currently looking for a 240z that is in not the best condition, it doesn't have to run, however, I would like minimal body damage in regards to dents and stuff, however, paint isn't important. I'm struggling to find many that fit these criteria as the majority of them are already restored. If anyone knows any good resources to find one, I would love to know. I'm either going to build it for rallycross or a classic restored project with a swapped motor. Either way, I love the 240z, and if anyone has any connections, let me know. I also may not buy for a while as I am in college and a place to work on it is tight, this summer and next year I might move into a house, however, so I would have a place to keep it.

I would suggest a 280Z. Many more and their value versus the bucks you'll spend hasn't risen like the 240s.

Once you get the bumpers off they're pretty much the same body. If you plan a motor swap it's a mainly insignificant detail in my opinion. 240s have lower gearing to, you'll save some $$ with a 280 5 speed plus the r200 differential.

Also the 280z is already an EFI car so easier to re-power with a more modern EFI engine. The tank and fuel system is already set for high pressure and return and the electrical system already has locations for ECU power and fuel pump power

  • Author

I guess now i'm looking for a 280z

Edited by cjm531

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.