IGNORED

Front springs 240z

tanny

I took a chance and bought a couple of supposedly new OEM front springs for the 240(they were advertised as for the 240 only) on Ebay, but when I measured them they were the right number of turns(10) and spring thickness, but the free length was 15.5 inches on both. The factory specs say they should be 14.1 inches on left, 15.1 inches on right. I'm a little suspicious they may be 260z springs, because 260z factory specs say 15.5 inches for both fronts. But the number of turns on the 260 springs should be 10.75 and the spring wire should be thicker. Seem to be some hybrid springs. Won't be the first time I got zapped on Ebay. Would these springs still be usable for the front or not? Unfortunately they don't have any part number tags, but the seller was going to try to find out from the guy he purchased them from. We'll see. Thanks, Victor.

I just received a set of old stock springs for the 240 and the right spring is definitely longer than the left. I also noticed that my new springs both have a blue paint mark on them and the old right front spring has a blue paint mark and the old left front spring(the shorter one) has a reddish brown paint mark. I think what I got on Ebay was two right front springs. Does anyone know if it would cause any problems to use the two right front springs on the front? Would the car sit wrong and have alignment problems or would the difference really be insignificant? I could use the new right front and the old left front, but obviously I'd like to use both new ones if I can. Thanks, Victor.

Hey guys..... can anybody answer this????

I'm the one that sold these and I want to make sure Victor doesn't get jipped. I had bought them off EBay in November, never got around to installing them and I'm trying to clean out the house to get ready to move. I'm not having any luck getting touch with the guy I bought them from so I can't get the part numbers.

Put the two new right front stock springs on the front and the used stock springs on the back, and am Very happy with the results. Camber back to normal and the ride is much less jarring. My kidneys thank me. Sorry to the performance dudes, but the old calcium sticks(bones) couldn't handle the the stiff lowered springs. Thanks, Victor.

mperdue,

Yeah, I used them on the rear and they are working great. The ride is so much more enjoyable and I'm not grading the dirt roads around my place with the underside of the car. Thanks again for those springs. Victor.