IGNORED

New Pertronix 2 questions

jackmau

I have a new Pertronix 2 Igniter and Flamethrower 2 coil I would like to install in my 10/71 1972 240z. Car currently has Pertronix 1 and 1.5 coil that is wired to ballast resistor.

How do I bypass the resistor? I know to attach red igniter  wire to positive coil and black igniter wire to negative coil. Do I attach black/white wire on previous coil to new coil positive side with igniter red wire?

Then can the other black/white and green/white wire be attached to the same post on resistor to bypass them? Condenser at distributor is unplugged, what about condenser at coil can it be removed?

I attached a picture of current set up of Pertronix 1.

Thanks for the help.

old pet.jpg

Edited by jackmau

Ended up attaching shorter B/W wire and red igniter wire to + coil. Black igniter to - coil. Removed ballast and connected longer B/W wire and G/W wire together with double male spade connecter. Removed coil condenser. Set timing by test driving. Runs great.