IGNORED

OER dripping fuel inside barrels

1 hour ago, TheCrazySwede said:

Tried smaller pump nozzles - no change.

I do notice that even with pump and motor off, there's still dripping from the nozzle into the barrels for a few minutes afterwards.

Maybe the float bowl level is too high? Then drips after shutoff until it reaches a certain level...

I don't think my OER's are setup like that; what Carbs is that diagram from?

Everything seems to seat properly. The only thing I have yet to replace are these tiny aluminium gaskets sitting on the pump jets. I'll replace those and see if it still leaks.

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

image.png

Accelerator Jet Notes: 

1. Since the accelerator jet outlet (25)  is below the fuel level in the carb (27 area), fuel can siphon  out when the weight (24) and ball (23) do not seat.  This usually happens when the engine is running (vibrating) and jiggles the ball and weight. 

2. At WOT, the air flow in the throat  can pull a steady stream of fuel from the accelerator circuit.  This extra fuel will add  to the fuel from the main system to enrich the top end.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, 240260280 said:

image.png

Accelerator Jet Notes: 

1. Since the accelerator jet outlet (25)  is below the fuel level in the carb (27 area), fuel can siphon  out when the weight (24) and ball (23) do not seat.  This usually happens when the engine is running (vibrating) and jiggles the ball and weight. 

2. At WOT, the air flow in the throat  can pull a steady stream of fuel from the accelerator circuit.  This extra fuel will add  to the fuel from the main system to enrich the top end.

You are correct, sir.

Checked and everything is seating properly.

I checked my vacuum via the port that connects to the brake booster and my gauge is hopping all over the place, suggesting a vacuum leak somewhere. Manifold is tight and all the gaskets on the Carbs seem to seat properly.

Since this is a new engine (~1,000miles), could it be needing a valve adjustment after break-in? Perhaps that's what's giving me those wonky readings.