IGNORED

123 Ignition distributor?

SandyI

• 1 year later...

Sorry to post to such an old topic, but as I have been running a 123ignition Tune+ for some time now on my ‘73 240Z. I love the bluetooth instant tuning and the ‘lock distributor function’ under Settings: Immobilize Your Device).  In the good old days, I used to switch the neg(-) side of the coil to chassis ground with a hidden ‘kill switch’. Not anymore.  But I do need to remember my phone.  I’d be hosed if I lost it.

Anyhow, the tuning has been interesting, it works pretty well on my engine which is a NA L2.6, dome cap SUs, modified cam so exhaust and intake valves can both be set at 010 hot).

Anyways what I’ve been thinking lately is sourcing an extra dizzy cap, rotor AND my old 240Z mechanical dizzy complete and putting them in one of the ‘tool boxes’.  Along with some staring fluid and tools haha ?

Can anyone confirm the replacement CAP / Rotor combination for the Dats 123ignition 6-cyl Dizzy?

They seem quite expensive on the 123ignition site, for normal Bosch / Beru Parts that you used to find on a VW bug or on some Merc 280SLs 

Here’s what I have so far:

Dizzy cap for 123ignition: 

Bosch 1.23.522.060

Beru VK102
Bremi  8045 ?

90degree Bend distributor cap:

Bosch 1.235.522.332 

Beru VK334

Bremi 8070 ?

Don’t quote me on the last 3, I’ve never ordered the 90degree dizzy caps. 

Part Number for the rotor is: 

Bosch 1.234.332.024

Which was superseded by part number 

Bosch 1.234.332.088 

(from what I have found on pistonheads.com)

BTW the ‘65 Porsche 911 (drool) base model used the above, and I’ve found the Bosch 04088 as a correct replacement part)

BTW - Using this info, I found a cap for like $15 and the rotor for $9 plus postage. Kinda makes you think.  If I can find a bulk supplier, I could see selling the rotor for 1/2 the price of the ones on 123-ignition-usa - so like $15 plus a small parcel shipping charge.  PM me or post interest.  Cheers.

Edited by Firepower
Added link url