IGNORED

Electrical problems

Fame707

Just received my 240z and u unfortunately i was not made aware of the issues it has. He seemed to be an honest guy but i guess he took advantage. 

My lights, wipers etc.. do not work. 

I am based in Toronto. Is there someone that can sort this out for me. Come by, take a look and provide me with a quote.

Thanks

How about you drive it to a Datsun mechanic and ask for their help?  You're not going to find a "mobile mechanic" for that old of a car.  Find a Z club in Toronto and ask around.

My guess is the stalks need to be replaced or rebuilt on the steering wheel but have you checked the fuses yet?  Battery connections and that stuff?  If it's the stalk switches there's no one better than this guy.  https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/

Good luck with your 240Z and download the FSM for that year.  http://www.classiczcars.com/files/category/11-240z/

I am not asking for a mobile mechanic so to speak.  But rather an enthusiast that knows what they doing and is looking to make some money. 

Yes the plan right now is to take it to someone that specializes in Datsuns.

3 hours ago, Fame707 said:

Just received my 240z 

He seemed to be an honest guy but i guess he took advantage. 

My lights, wipers etc.. do not work. 

It does not seem you've done much at all besides, probably, turned some switches.  It's not even clear that the engine runs or even that there's a battery in the car, and it's connected.

No offense.  You're new and all we have is the few words that you wrote.  They don't tell much.  I wouldn't want to travel all the way to your place just to find out the seller disconnected the battery to save it from discharging.

The car starts and drives. No issues with that.

I will check the fuses to make sure none are blown. 

You right, i turned some switches and nothing happened. Hence my post. I am not electrically inclined but can get around the mechanical stuff. 

Other than checking the fuses I am not sure what else to check for.