IGNORED

280z Master Cylinder Heat Shield Picture Request

heyitsrama

3 hours ago, gwri8 said:

I don't have a clear shot of the lower bracket but these should give you the idea.

Your pic's helped me Greg, At least I know what I am looking for in the bottoms of bins. lol

It had been bagged with the brake line clips and clamps. 

IMG_6949.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

IMG_6951.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

In these pic's it looks like my assumption was incorrect. The lower mount is much higher than those holes on the rail. 

Perhaps it comes off the brake valve. 

I made a bracket when I got home - I saw that the brake valve was in the location that made sense to mount to - confirmed by Gwri8's pics. I wish I had checked back here first & seen his & your pics above, that would have simplified things a little 😬

In any event, this is what I made

PXL_20230417_235940927.jpg

tack welded a few pieces of cut up bracketry to test

PXL_20230417_201921297.jpg 

PXL_20230417_201905445.jpg

PXL_20230417_203326234.jpg

PXL_20230417_203338695.jpg

PXL_20230417_203903853.jpg

I only have a finger width between the back lower edge & the steering shaft, so I didn't want to move it any further rearward . Made the upper support bracket to have 2 mounts at the shield, and holes to allow the stock bay light bracket to stay where it belongs. Engine harness lays nicely over the bracket. I curved the left side to both make it more rigid, and to make sure there is no harsh edge for the harness to chafe on.

PXL_20230417_213433878.jpg

PXL_20230417_213413633.jpg

PXL_20230417_213418388.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Looks functional, well done. I wonder if road vibrations might stress crack the one riser piece. The stock one looks folded up for support. 

Interesting to tap the EGR block off for booster vacuum. 

Thank you.

The top mount bracket? It has a raised ridge & folded rear edge, I think it will be OK. I know what you mean though. I tried to locate a spare bracket with similar form without success. I can always remake it DTR if need be.

Yeah, I wanted to drop the height & move the booster vacuum rearward. Vacuum draw out the end of the plenum will be much the same as the top rear. I'll be revising the AC lines coming out the firewall & wanted as much space in that area as possible until I have that  all figured out.